Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I'm baaacccckkkkk!!!!! Back to School Cake!!!!!!

Hello!!! I'm back!!! It took me a long time to settle in my new home!

If you haven't been following my Scrapbookaholic blog, I moved up north to Plumas Lake.

This is a completely new life for us. Plumas Lake is a very small town. I was used to having EVERYTHING so close to me.... and now, well, Walgreens is our only store!!

Anyways, it's been very nerve wrecking for my kids to come to a new community, leave all their childhood friends and come to new schools!!

They had a tough last week and because I want them to feel special, I baked them this cake!


This is my very first shape cake! It is SUPER hard when you do it with cake mix!! I do not recommend doing this. It will be best to look for a recipe made specially for cakes you need to shape. Also, if you are used to the greasing and powdering... well, you have to try Parchment paper, just on the bottom. Don't grease the sides!



I used the Hello Kitty Greetings Cricut Cartridge for the image and fondant is all Wilton.





Don't forget to keep checking back for more cakes!

Next one will be a Halloween cake! and I will have a Cricut Cake Apron to giveaway!!!! The pink and brown one!!!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful job on the cake. Your kids must of been trilled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty !!!! And oh, so much work !!! What we wouldn't do for our kids!!! Tienes muy buen pulso para escribir ! lol Martha C.
    mcaballerobrito@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww!!! :'C

    I miss having to drive at 12am when you just finished a cake and takin Cake Scraps home for lencho!@!!! I miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cake, just send my piece to my address here in Hutto, I know how you feel I live in a very small town and Walgreen's is our favorite store. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you did such a great job. I'm sure your kids were super happy when they came home. Way to go:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great cake! How thoughtful! Hope you're all settling in. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice you are to your kids. I hope they enjoyed it. New schools, friends, neighbor hood are hard to adjust too. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wicked cake!! love it.. I hope the kiddos do well with their new school!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just adorable!! Nice ideas for great parties!

    ReplyDelete